Halle Berry’s inspirational and encouraging quotes
Halle Berry started her career as a model and won several beauty pageant titles during the early 1980s. Later, she began her career in television. She starred in Living Dolls in 1989 followed by a prime-time drama, Knots Landing in 1991. Later that year, she starred in Jungle Fever which was her first big-screen break. After this, she continued to star in blockbuster hits and became successful. She has won an Oscar and co-starred in a James Bond movie. She earned Golden Globe Award and an Emmy Award for Best Actress in a Television Movie. Halle Berry is the first African American woman to win the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in ‘Monster’s Ball’.
Here are some inspiring quotes by Halle Berry-
- A person’s self-esteem has nothing to do with how she looks
- Throughout my career, I have been talked out of things I wanted to do, and when I look back, I think I should have followed my instincts.
- If you’re of multiple races, you have a different challenge, a unique challenge of embracing all of who you are but still finding a way to identify yourself and I think that’s often hard for us to do
- My mother helped me identify myself the way the world would identify me. Bloodlines didn’t matter as much as how I would be perceived.
- I always had to prove myself through my actions. Be a cheerleader. Be class president. Be the editor of the newspaper.
- While being called beautiful is extremely flattering, I would much rather be noticed for my work as an actress.
- It is very hard to separate one’s self from a character. Sometimes the people closest to me have to be very understanding.
- The first step is clearly defining what it is you’re after because without knowing that, you’ll never get it.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. Know when to laugh at yourself, and find a way to laugh at obstacles that inevitably present themselves.
- If you set out to do something and you give it your all and it doesn’t work out, be willing to modify your goal slightly. Have the ability to look in another direction. A small shift could guide you to the real purposes of your life.