Here are the top 5 inspirational & motivational quotes from Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise is an inspirational man. These are some of the most impactful things he said and some challenges that will motivate you.
It is safe to call Tom Cruise a well-accomplished man. From being a pilot to being the highest-paid actors in the world and winning three Golden Globe Awards, Tom Cruise sets us all the example of making the most out of talents and careers.
Let’s look at 5 of Tom Cruise’s most inspirational and motivational quotes and see what we can learn from them-
1. When I work, I work very hard. So I look to work with people who have that level of dedication. And I depend on that from everyone. From the director to my crews that I work with.
Tom Cruise attributes his success to the 5 people rule for producing elite and world-class work. It’s a powerful yet simple rule that could motivate you to strive towards being a better person and increase your standards.
Challenge: Surround yourself with five people whose work ethics are even better and more successful according to your evaluation and judgment.
2. I’m passionate about learning. I’m passionate about life.
Did you know that the average CEO reads a book per week? Learning and continuous education are what guarantees success over time. The more you learn, the more you know; the more you know, the more you can do; the more you can do, the more opportunities you get. That’s how the market works. That’s why experience matters. It’s all about how much you know, how much you learn, how much you can do. That’s the education you should acquire.
Challenge: Listen to a 5-minute podcast, like Prager U, and learn something new and meaningful.
3. I’ve never done work for money ever. If your choices are based on grosses and the film doesn’t do well, what does that mean? It leaves you with nothing.
Elon Musk had a similar strategy. When he first began his career as an entrepreneur, he survived with only a dollar each day. Today, he’s a millionaire. Every time Musk launches a rocket, he does it with the hopes of the launch failing. Cruise’s coming from the same perspective. You need to know why you are doing something. So even if you lose, it’s meaningful. You haven’t lost money. You instead gained a valuable lesson that can help you propagate and advance in your career. As Nietzche profoundly said, “He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.”
Challenge: Take out your journal and articulate your personal and professional vision and mission. Come up with a plan to achieve your goals bearing your mission and vision in mind.
4. I love what I do. I take great pride in what I do. And I can’t do something halfway, three-quarters, nine-tenths. If I’m doing something, I go all the way.
Whether you are searching for a job, internship, university or even working on multiple projects, here’s an insight from Tom. Focus and go all the way. Neuroscience Psychologist, Dr. Jordan Peterson, agrees with Cruise on this. In order to render the most productivity out of your pursuits, you require a complete focus so you hit hard and get your best results.
Challenge: Eliminate all of the good tasks and projects of your day so that you are left with only the best. Then work at it and hit hard.
5. I always look for a challenge and something that’s different.
Here’s something Tom suggests. Challenge yourself and get out of your comfort zone. Jordan Peterson, the psychologist referenced earlier, yet again agrees with Tom on this too. Staying in your comfort zone can be well… comfortable. But comfort comes along with the danger of becoming useless. Humans, the doctor notes, thrive in danger. So if you want to thrive and up your game, dare yourself to do something outside of your comfort zone.
Tom Cruise was a pilot and he unexpectedly got into acting which is an another lesson. You can’t know if you don’t try. So here are two more challenges:
1. Do something outside of your comfort zone in your day. It could be something in your personal life. It could be asking your colleague to delegate something doable yet new. It could also be reading a book outside of your line of thought.
2. Do these challenges while noticing carefully and looking at how you react to it. You can never know when an opportunity presents itself before unless you look closely.
So, here were five quotes, lessons, and challenges inspired by Tom Cruise. Go forth and be productive!