How to Save Energy at Home with iOS or Android Apps
Saving energy at your home is always a pressing matter that we all would like to find a solution for. Thankfully, with the advancement of technology and mobile devices it is easy to find ways now. The apps are not magic wands that can fix your problems, but they will be able to point you in the right direction. Let us go over a few of them now so you know what to look for when you go to try some of them out.
- Sense Home Energy Monitor: This system relies on the data that is received in a small device that is installed into the power box. It will show you, in real time, how much energy you are using, and what is using it. This will allow you to dig down deep into the energy consumption and make some changes to decrease it.
- JouleBug: This is an app that they have made into a game to pique your interest and get you to follow their suggestions. The recommendations will come up on your device and as you complete them in real life you mark them off. You can go through the entire process and fill your trophy case with everything from the app.
- Neurio Home: This application requires a device to be installed in your power box, which will then send the information to your mobile device. It will run a diagnostic and analyze what is using the most electricity qld in your house, and it will show what energy amounts go where. It will help you see what is sucking the power in your home so you can make some adjustments. This device is designed more for professionals that use and install solar panels, so you may not want to go this route if you are just wanting to monitor your basic power usage.
- My HomeSelfe: The developers of this application claim to be “the world’s leading home energy savings app,” which is a bold statement when you consider all of them that are available. Their technology creates a mockup of your house that will highlight the top ten areas of energy consumption. You will be asked to answer questions about each area listed, at your own pace, from which the application will paint you a picture of what is going on throughout your house, giving you ways to decrease your consumption without giving up any luxuries.
- Energy Consumption Analyzer: This application is a basic one that keeps track of your usage by analyzing the data that you put into it from the meter readings that you need to take at random intervals. It will calculate how much energy you use per hour, per day, per week, per month, and per year. All this information will be showed to you in an easy-to-read graph, which will help guide you to making good decisions that will decrease how much power, water, and gas that you use on an average.
- EvoEnergy-Electricity Calculator: This is an easy-to-use application that calculates your energy usage down to the appliances that are taking the most power. It can help you detect any issues that may be causing an excess drain on your power.
As you can see there are a number of applications that you can use to help track your power consumption. This will help you make substantial changes that will decrease your usage, which in turn will decrease your cost. These two go hand in hand so if you want to save money decrease your consumption. The bonus side of this is that you will also decrease the footprint that you leave upon the Earth.