Halle Berry started her career as a model and won several beauty pageant titles during the early 1980s. Later, she began her career in television. She starred in Living Dolls in 1989 followed by a prime-time drama, Knots Landing in 1991. Later that year, she starred in Jungle Fever which was her first big-screen break. After this, she continued to star in blockbuster hits and became successful. She has won an Oscar and co-starred in a James Bond movie. She earned Golden Globe Award and an Emmy Award for Best Actress in a Television Movie. Halle Berry is the first African American woman to win the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in ‘Monster’s Ball’.
Halle Berry has been associated with several controversies. Some of them are as follows:
1. Halle Berry who announced that she’ll potray a transgender man in her next film. In an Instagram live interview, she discussed how she is preparing for this role and she ‘misgendered’ her character several times during the interview which lead to criticism on social media. She later announced that she withdrew her name from that role. She tweeted that she won’t be portraying a transgender man in her next film. It hurt the sentiments of many sections of society.
2. Halle Berry fought with Bryan Singer many times while they were working on X-Men: Days of Future Past. She stated it publicly that he is not the easiest guy to work with. She also said a few cuss words out of anger and frustration to him. She criticized him publicly by saying that he lacks focus and dedication when required.
3. At the 2003 Oscars, Adrien Brody tried to force a kiss on Halle Berry after accepting his Oscar Award where Halle Berry was the presenter. Later, he became a target for #MeToo movement.
4. Halle Berry had accused her ex-partner Gabriel Aubry of having a sexual relationship during their battle over custody of their daughter. She alleged that her ex admitted to having been in “a sexual relationship with a member of his family while he was going between foster homes.”
5. When she was ending her first marriage, she spoke openly of being in an abusive relationship. She added that she was hit so hard that she lost 80% hearing in one year. She never clearly said whether the man was his ex-husband, David Justice, or somebody else.
6. When Berry was married to, Berry adopted Benet’s young daughter, India. She stated in an interview that she was very close to her. After the divorce, Benet told The Post that Berry no longer made efforts to stay in touch with India. She barely communicated with her.