Troubleshooting: How to fix Canon printer problems?
Is your Canon printer not working? Are you unable to print or scan even after an update?
Here are some basic troubleshooting steps which will help you bring the printer back in operating condition quickly:
Do check your printer’s indicator light if it’s blinking in a specific pattern. After that, look up your manual to see whether there’s a corresponding error code.
Follow the instructions given in the manual for how to wipe out the associated problem. In case, it isn’t showing any particular error code, continue with the next troubleshooting steps.
- Ensure the power cord is plugged into your wall outlet firmly. Then, check USB cable is properly connected to your computer system.
- Now, open the printer’s top to check if there is a piece of paper stuck or jammed inside the paper tray.
In order to bring your printer back in operating condition, restart your computer and try to print something new in case the computer has stopped recognizing your printer or the print queue has stopped responding owing to a software error.
- Go to your computer’s “Control Panel” section and then click on the “Printers and Faxes” option.
- Click on “Add A Printer” if your Canon printer isn’t being displayed in the list.
- Comply with the on-screen instructions so that your computer will run a test to try to detect the printer.
If the problem persists, do uninstall and then re-install the Canon printer software. Open the Canon Printer’s official Web page and download the most latest version of the software driver.
- In your system, open the Canon printer software and select either the “Properties” or “Options” tab.
- Click on either “Test Alignment” or “Clean Print Heads,” as per the software’s version.
- Wait for the device to complete its alignment and then print a test page for trial. Check out whether the test page has printed properly or not. Contact the company for repair or replacement if it is not still working as anticipated.